CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
The Board of Directors of GENOMICA, has the responsibility of formulating the strategy and the general policy guidelines of the Company, preparing programs and establishing objectives for the conduct of all activities included in the corporate purpose and, in particular, it is responsible for approving, among others, the Corporate Social Responsibility Policies.
The Company’s contribution to sustainable development is implemented through social responsibility principles and practices that take into account the needs and expectations of its stakeholders.
In furtherance of the corporate objective of generating a useful biotechnological tool for society, the Company adopts a statement of responsible corporate ethics that is contained in the following principles that will apply at the Company.
- Comply with applicable law in the countries in which it does business, with the supplemental adoption of international provisions and guidelines in those countries in which the legal framework is inadequate.
- Adopt cutting-edge corporate governance practices, in line with good governance recommendations generally recognized in international markets, based upon corporate transparency and mutual trust in the relationships with shareholders and investors.
- Respect human rights and, in particular, those violation of which degrades workers, which entails the opposition to child labor and to forced or compulsory labor.
- Develop a favorable employment relationships framework based on equality of opportunity, non-discrimination and respect for diversity, promoting a safe and healthy environment, and facilitating communication with the workforce.
- Develop responsible practices in the chain of value, establishing transparent, objective and impartial processes with suppliers and providing users with all relevant information regarding the products and services sold.
- Favor transparency and free market rules, rejecting bribery, corrupt practices or other types of contributions aimed at obtaining corporate advantages, and respecting the rules of free competition.
- Promote socially responsible actions at those companies in which the Company has control or management capacity, and also advance such actions at supplier companies through the processes of selection and hiring.
- Encourage communication and dialogue with the various groups related to the Company’s activities, in order to match corporate values and customer expectations.
- Disseminate relevant and truthful information regarding the activities carried out and subject such information to internal and external verification procedures that ensure its reliability and encourage the continuous improvement thereof.